Friday, May 23, 2008

Music Books Falling Off the Shelf?

Ever got frustrated with having your music books on the shelf fall over every time you take a book out or try to put it back?  Ever wanted to categorize your music books by genre so it's easier to find but didn't know how?

I thought of a way that would tackle both problems:  large magazine file holders.

I found these Rubbermaid (r) magazine file holders at Walmart for about $4 each.  I grouped my books together by genre and labeled each holder with my DYMO.

Now, whenever I need to find a jazz book, I just look for the jazz file and pop that book out!  Putting it back has never been easier as well.  And no more books falling over while trying to take one out or put one back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea! I actually have problem in organizing my music books. Although a software, Music Teacher's Helper, helped me a lot in tracking my students who borrowed my books, I still need to make sure that my resources are kept orderly.

Thanks for sharing these tips for music teachers.